One of the first things humans notice about one another is their smile. When you meet someone with a bright, natural smile, it catches your attention.
However, over time, the natural ageing process and your lifestyle (smoking or drinking coffee, tea, or wine) can stain your teeth.
To get your smile back to looking its best, you should consider a whitening method that:
- Achieves the longest-lasting results
- Gives you the most naturally brilliant and uniform look
- Is clinically proven to be safe and effective
- Uses a low concentration of the active ingredient
- Is administered by dental professionals
- Our premier whitening system is the Philips ZOOM in-office teeth whitening system.
- Our economical whitening system is the SDI Polanight take home whitening system.
Philips ZOOM – Chairside Whitening System:
You will achieve a great teeth whitening result with the ZOOM in-office teeth whitening system.
Sit back and relax for about two (2) hours while one of our dental clinicians performs the safe and gentle ZOOM teeth-whitening experience.
ZOOM breakthrough blue-light technology allows for the use of a lower active ingredient. ZOOM “chairside light activated whitening gel” contains only 25% hydrogen peroxide, so our clients experience very little (or nil) temporary tooth sensitivity.
ZOOM is gentle. There's no laser and no strong heat, just the subtle warmth of blue light, which enhances the reaction of the mild peroxide gel. All you do is sit back and relax in one of our comfortable dental chairs for a couple of hours.
Teeth whitening has never been this safe and this comfortable.
Here's how Philips ZOOM Works:Pre-procedure:
- A consultation with a dental clinician is required to make sure that patients are:
- Suitable for teeth whitening (dental history, oral health and sensitivity issues).
- Dentally fit prior to commencement of teeth whitening (treat for sensitivity, treat for dental decay and replace defective fillings).
- Teeth professionally cleaned and scaled.
- Impressions for custom made take home whitening maintenance trays.
- Teeth are cleaned & pumiced just prior to whitening.
- Vitamin E oil is applied to both lips to moisturize before retraction.
- A lip retractor is inserted to ensure proper positioning of the lamp head and additional protection from the light.
- A “before” photo is taken with a shade tab placed next to the teeth.
- Protective bib and eye wear is placed on the patient.
- Isolation of the gums with cotton rolls, gauze, face bib and “liquidam” dental dam.
- Zoom whitening gel is applied to the teeth.
- The back of the chair is raised so that the patient is in a semi-reclined position. The Zoom light is guided into alignment with the retractor.
- Whitening sessions:
- The Zoom gel is activated by the Zoom “blue lamp” for a 15 minute cycle while you relax and watch TV or listen to music.
- This process is repeated from three (3) to four (4) 15 minute cycles until the desired whitening shade is reached.
- After the final cycle is complete, the lamp is pulled away from the patient. The whitening gel is suctioned from the teeth. All barrier materials and isolation materials are removed from the mouth.
- An “After photo” is taken. The lip retractor is reinserted and the after photo is taken with a lighter shade tab in place for comparison.
- If patients experience sensitivity, “Relief ACP gel” is brushed on to the teeth. The patient is instructed not to spit for 3 minutes and not to drink or eat for 30 minutes.
- The patient is instructed on the home use of “Relief ACP gel” or “Tooth Mousse” to manage any sensitivity in the following few days.
- The patient is advised not to consume coffee, tea, red wine and tabacco for 2 hours after Zoom.
Review and Take-Home Whitening Maintenance:
- One week after Zoom whitening, the patient returns for a review appointment.
- The custom take-home whitening trays are “tried in”.
- To further enhance the “Zoom Chairside Whitening” results, a Zoom maintenance kit containing “home application bleaching gel” is issued along with the whitening trays.
- The patient receives instructions on how to use the trays and gel at home.
- Patients go home with a naturally brilliant new smile and "Before & After" photos are emailed to the patient.
- All teeth whitening requires maintenance.
- The patient may choose to Zoom again or use the maintenance gel & trays 1-3 nights every 4-6 months, depending on habits.
SDI PolaNight - Advanced Teeth Whitening System:
A straight forward and economical method of teeth whitening is to perform the process yourself at home.
After an initial consultation to determine suitability for whitening, your dentist or oral therapist will take impressions so that upper and lower custom made teeth whitening trays can be fabricated.
At the second visit, your dental practitioner will provide you with custom made whitening trays, a PolaNight take home whitening kit and instructions on how to perform the whitening process at home. The PolaNight whitening kit will contain either 10% or 16% carbamide peroxide based gel, depending on teeth sensitivity issues.
The gel is dispensed by the patient into the whitening trays just before going to bed.
About 7-14 nights of whitening gel application is required to achieve an effective initial result.
All teeth whitening requires maintenance. The patient will usually need to apply the gel & trays 1-3 nights every 4-6 months, depending on habits.